|Photo Credit: TNF ECS Georgia|
When The North Face Endurance Challenge Series (ECS) asked me if I would like to be part of their blog team for their Georgia event, I replied with an enthusiastic "YES!" To say I love this event would be an understatement. The ECS is awesome and loads of fun! The past three years, I've participated in the race they host in the Washington, DC area. I can't wait to travel down to Georgia in September and participate in another ECS race in a different region. Throughout the year, The North Face and their dedicated ECS staff stage races in 5 different locations across the US: New York, Washington, DC, Wisconsin, Georgia, and San Francisco (which I'm hoping I can attend as well).
I decided the best way I can convince you to run in The North Face ECS is to share 15 reason why this event rocks!
1) Trail running is way more fun than running on the roads.
2) You get to meet Dean Karnazes!
3) Lots of race distance options, from a 5K all the way up to the 50 miler as well as the Karno Kids Race (1K) for the little ones!
4) Awesome pre-race panel discussion on the eve of the race weekend featuring The North Face athletes and Race Director, Nick Moore.
5) The North Face ECS staff pours their hearts and souls into providing the best race experience for you. If you're a trail running newbie, this event is for you!
6) Great race swag!
7) Your chance to explore the beautiful F.D. Roosevelt State Park.
8) Meet and socialize with fellow trail runners.
9) Great way to challenge your limits and endurance!
10) Good excuse for getting a little dirty.
11) Well-marked race course. No fears of getting lost at this race.
12) Well-stocked aid stations run by supportive and enthusiastic race volunteers!
13) The sense of achievement and self-satisfaction when you cross the finish line!
14) Great post race runners village loaded with vendors/organizations such as: The North Face, GORE-TEX, Yurbuds, Leave No Trace, and the Challenged Athletes Foundation.
15) Save 15% on your race entry fee! Just enter following discount code, DCASS13 (case-sensitive), and receive 15% off your registration for any distance at the ECS Georgia or ECS Wisconsin event!
In the unlikely event that you need more reasons on why you should sign up, tweet me (@DougCassaro) or The North Face ECS (@thenorthfaceECS) and we'll be happy to answer any questions. You can follow all ECS chatter on Twitter by searching for #ECSGeorgia. Also, show your love for the ECS and like them on Facebook!
If you're already signed up for one of the ECS events, I hope your training is going well! Please let me know if you're running ECS Georgia. I'd love to meet you! Until then, happy running!
|Me and The North Face Athlete Dean Karnazes|